Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Ukulele review

My first ukulele arrived about a week ago.  It is a pineapple makala soprano ukulele that I got off amazon. I also got a set of aquila strings for it and I'm glad I did.  The strings that came with the uke were more like toy strings.  The new set of strings made a big difference in sound. The ukulele was lighter than I thought and very small, but I soon got used to it.

After a while of playing around, I quickly got the hang of it. Tablature makes this instrument very quick to learn.  The size of the fret board also makes it easier to to play chords.  It doesn't hurt my fingers as much as a guitar. (I don't play guitar but I've tried). The size of the fret board is also a little small but I can fit my fingers in. This is why I've heard some people getting the tenor one. But all in all, I'm very happy with the little guy and I hope to make more music with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment